Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sweat it OUT!

A funny little story... At the end of 7th grade, when we were all signing yearbooks, a cute 8th grader signed "you are a really sweat girl" to mine. Of course he meant "sweet", at least I HOPE he did... Although the "sweat" description would accurately describe me as of late.

In our living food classes, students are very interested in learning about how to cleanse and detox. Breathing and sweating are two of the most basic ways our bodies naturally do this, all on their own! Respiring and perspiring. I mention this, because Denise and I started a hot yoga challenge on June 1st - she's practicing Bikram yoga in Manchester, NH at Bikram Yoga Manchester, and I'm practicing hot core yoga (a Bikram inspired style) in Beverly Farms, MA at Yoga Passion. We are both 4 days in, and LOVING it!

Each day, as my breathing gets deeper, I can feel my body digging deeper into the toxins taking up residence there and expelling them all the way from my toes out my mouth. And the sweat? That's pretty sweet too. If you're looking for some detox in your life, some balance, we both highly recommend giving hot yoga a shot. Most studios have a special offer for newcomers - both these studios offer your first 10 consecutive days for only $20. $2 a session, if you go every day for 10 days, is a sweet (I mean SWEAT) deal! Namaste.

FYI, my Yogi's partner Grace also teaches raw food classes! I can't wait to meet her and talk raw. She has a 3-day class coming up June 18-20 in Beverly Farms, MA. For details, she can be reached at graceventural@gmail.com.

Augusta

No comments:

Post a Comment