Saturday, September 25, 2010

Longevity Now Conference - Day 2

I almost can't believe it, but I think today was EVEN BETTER! We started off with a raw food demo by Raw Solla, from Iceland. She was energetic, funny, knowledgeable, fabulous! I truly hope I get to visit her shop in Iceland someday.

Then David Wolfe covered building super immunity, which I am very familiar with from his seminar I attended last spring at Kripalu.

Next was Truth Chalkins, who owns the tonic bar that's been feeding me all weekend... Most amazing seaweed soup ever, and I am not a fan of seaweed. He shared some wonderful wisdom with us, including; "If you can't believe it until you see it, it will never come." The perfect morning beverage... Eliminates candida:

Amino Acid Drink
- 8 oz water
- 1 to 2 tsp Arginine by NOW
- 1/8 tsp Citruline by NOW
- 1 scoop BCAA+G by MRM
- 1/2 tsp Lysine by NOW
- enzymes

And then... the one and only JOHN ROBBINS ("Diet for a New America"). What an amazing treat. He had so many wonderful things to say and share, and I got some truly fabulous one-liners out of our time with him.

"We are not separate. There is no 'other'."

"We could learn something from cats: to take care of our 'sh*t'."

"God says we have dominion over all things. What is dominion? Responsibility. Accountability."

"Let there be peace on earth, and let it being with me. Now give me that burger from a cow that lived and died in misery."

"Less pain. More love."

"I love my country, but I think we should start seeing other people."

I could go on and on, but the point is that I feel to lucky to have spent this time with him. He truly is a wonderful human being, and just a complete joy to be around. I think he's the only person I've met who actually carries around no hate. No matter what. A highlight to the day.

Another highlight, was a panel discussion with Dr. Mark Merriman, Dr. Joseph Mercola, and David Wolfe, deconstructing some of the biggest health myths such as...

- The sun causes skin cancer.
- Milk does a body good.
- Saturated fat causes heart disease.
- Low fat diets are healthy.
- Whole grains are good for everyone.
- Soy is a health food.
- Cardio is the best type of exercise.
- All plant-based supplements are just as good as animal-based ones.
- Vaccines are safe.
- Artificial sweeteners promote weight loss.
- Fluorinated water prevents cavities.

Fun stuff! But, I am once again one exhausted student of health... Lots more to look forward to tomorrow! Off to bed with me.

Augusta

No comments:

Post a Comment